- I can cram my foot inside
- looks like my foot's not crammed inside
Not a whole lot to ask for in my book.
I did it! I found this great pair of black heels and were actually kind of on the sexy side. These days (more like the last 7 years) I would never try to pull off these shoes and go with something a little safer. They reminded me so much of something I would have worn when I was single and with self esteem (LOL! Just kidding) that I had to get them! Why not? I'm not dead! I deserve to have cute feet! Right?!......Plus, I'm in a hurry.
I get home with my sexy black shoes, excited for tomorrows wardrobe, and slip on my new shoes one more time. Just givin' them the ol' test run!
So.....I'm remembering a couple things now:
- I'm 5'7 and Brian is 5'10. There's a reason no heel on my shoes has exceeded 2 1/2in. in 7 years.
- Single Woman: Walks one foot directly in front of the other while sucking in your gut to keep balanced and staying focused on posture and smiles. A Mom: well, she moves forward when she walks, balancing a tot on one hip and is known for making sudden lurches to save falling cheerios and children darting into the parking lot. As far as sucking in a gut...all hope of that left after the c-sections started.
- My body was lost in the transition to motherhood. I'm still looking for it. I'll keep you posted. Let me know if you find it. It has my face on it, only thinner and with make up. Also. It's about 5'10 due to the heels it's strutting around in.
One last thing I remembered: the service is on a lawn. Nothing like having to consciously lift each leg up out of the grass to walk. I'm gonna look g-e-o-r-g-e-o-u-s!
Now you see my mistake. Pray for me because I'm pretty sure I'm gonna eat it.